dive day II + visiting kampung Komodo & Loh liang

Komodo Travel Blog

Day II - dive III: Crystal Rock
This was such a lovely site! Amazing point with very clear visibility and no current, I‘d should got my best UW photograph here, but the camera’s batteries already dropped :p *hiks!hiks!* (it would get more tragic since the next dive my camera started not working). With max depth on 26 m, I saw excellent soft coral coverage with clouds of fishes in vary types swam over stunning colorful corals; from schooling of jack, schooling of big sweet lips,  puffer, damselfish, grouper, trigger, parrot, goby, angelfish, butterfly, surgeonfish, many more.. to the rare napoleon wrasse!

Day II - dive IV: Golden Gate
Yess!! My camera didn’t work and I couldn’t take underwater pictures! In this site I saw some lionfishes, bumphead fishes, sweet lips, grouper and more while the current pushed me into a space which was like a tunnel with wall covered by colorful corals.

Day II - dive V: night dive @ Gililawa Darat
My first time to see the Spanish dancer! Wow! That’s the biggest nudibranch I’d ever seen! About 25 cm, pink-peach colored body, the biggest nudi in her family. If she moved up in the water she would looks like dancing. Also saw some moray eel, lionfishes, banded cleaner shrimps, yellow shrimp, sleeping puffer and parrotfish to the cute-unique circle of life-juvenile sweetlip! This juvenile sweetlip would make dramatic transformation in color pattern as she grows into adult. Brightly colored juvenile swims by wiggling wildly so as to resemble an inedible nudibrach or sea worm then begin to take an adult appearance after she grow larger and become less vulnerable to predators. It was 66 minutes dive in 12 m deep; I still had much air in my tank. But my torch was already dead! :(

inikeke says:
agree!! Castle Rock rocks!! the best site I ever got, too.. :D WB to Indonesia soon... don't be bored with it, huh? :D
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009
divehappy says:
Castle Rock is my favourite dive site anywhere! I loved your writeup - sorry about your camera ;-( I will be in Bali before heading to Komodo in late October... yes, I'm coming back to your country again ;-)
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009
the tree and blue sky
the tree and blue sky
female dragon
female dragon
staring at each other (scary big k…
staring at each other (scary big …
Komodo