Ahhhh... France! How I love France!

Lourdes Travel Blog

By our hotel

On Friday, the bus picked us up early, for an early ride to the airport. We were now heading to Toulouse, France to take a bus to Lourdes from there.

The flight was so smooth. I didn’t even feel like I was on the plane, because it was so smooth. I was on the plane next to Norm and Carol, but slept the entire plane ride to France.

We arrived in Toulouse, and the tour guide and hotel desk manager picked our group up. They were so organized. They gave us our room numbers while we were on the bust to speed things up.

A block away from our hotel
They were completely on top of things. Everything in France was smooth.

We arrived in Lourdes two hour later after a smooth bus ride there. We got to relax for a bit in the room. Then my mom, Peggy, Kathy and I went to go find a crepe stand. We had crepe and café au lait at a local coffee shop. It was just okay – I decided then to make it my mission to find a good crepe stand.

After crepes and coffee, the whole group met and walked over to the Chapel near where Bernadette experienced her apparitions. Lourdes is known for the shrine and grotto that was resurrected after Bernadette experienced the virgin’s apparitions. Bernadette was a young girl, who saw the Virgin 18 times. Later a Church was built in the spot where she saw the apparitions. There is also a grotto and healing baths that people have claimed are miraculous. We walked to the grotto and paid our respects to the shrine of Bernadette, and then from there attended mass given by Father Simmons.

His homily focused on how blessed we all were to have the ability to experience this trip and the visits to these holy places. He was so right.

After visiting the shrine and seeing the Chapels, we went back to the restaurant for dinner. The dinner was absolutely delicious. It was a three course meal. We had a delicious mushroom biscuit, pork, vegetables, and dessert. Everything was so tasty. I could tell I was in France again, just because of the cuisine.

After dinner, my mother and I went to our room and relaxed. I was so full. I think I’ve gained weight on this trip. I have eaten so well… and I’ve eaten way too much bread. I had bread for breakfast, bread for lunch, bread with dinner…. I’m getting all breaded out here! But it’s so good! I don’t think I could live in France again…. Too much good bread in this country!

rrsuby25rs says:
That's cool that Father Simmons was able to give mass there!
Posted on: May 17, 2010
Where Bernadette saw the apparition
Where Bernadette saw the apparition
My mom looking at the Church
My mom looking at the Church
Father giving mass, and Cecelia re…
Father giving mass, and Cecelia r…
Walking back to hotel