Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

Wow, finally made it to Rio after many flights and attempts at sleeping on the plane!!

Checked into the Caesar Park Hotel in Ipanema. Minor room issue, but they upgraded us and took care of everything!

Went across the street to Ipanema Beach and it was so much fun. First of all, I am so impressed with how comfortable people are with their bodies here. I´m always nervous when bathing suit season rolls around but after seeing the women here walk around with such confidence, forget all that! The beach was full, but not over crowded and the vendors were in full force, selling everything from bathing suits to what, I hope, were sticks of shrimp! An hour later, I had a nice little tan! Always a bonus!

We decided to go shopping a little but after changing and walking over to the main shopping street, we realized we were running out of energy! So we just walked around a bit and decided to go back to the hotel. After a good shower and room service we were fighting to stay awake but eventually gave in! It always amazes me how much travel can take out of you!!

**Edit August 24, 2010- my mom is back in Brazil right now and staying at the Caesar Park in Ipanema!

view from our room
view from our room
Rio de Janeiro Hotels & Accommodations review
Great location on the beach
There was a minor, and quickly solved snafu when we checked into the Caesar Park Hotel, we were supposed to have an ocean view and did not, however we… read entire review