A day in the life...

Stuttgart Travel Blog

slide in store

The next couple of days were spent as locals.  I went downtown to shop on Konigstrasse.  I love shopping there and I love buying books written in German.  I don't know why, since I can't really read them.  One bookstore I stopped in used to be a shoe store and they had a slide running along the stairs from the top floor to the bottom.  I was so tempted to slide down it, but I think I was a little too big for it and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been appropriate.  We went grocery shopping and on a hunt for a VFB t-shirt.  Stuttgart had just won the World Cup in soccer (or something like that - I don't follow soccer).  All the shirts were sold out, but I caught my little cousin talking to his reflection in a mirror in the department store.  It was really cute.

After the grocery store (that we had to drive to), we passed the vineyard covered hills along the Neckar River.  We stopped at a little bottle shop - for lack of a better word.  Germans live on mineral water (carbonated) and buy it by the case.  This little shop is where they trade in their old bottles and buy new bottles of water and juice and beer.  They have a cellar at the house where they store all their bottles.

vineyards and industry in Stuttgart