Backyard Fun

Stuttgart Travel Blog

backyard, looking down the valley

We just hung out at home today - it was such a beautiful day that we spent it in the garden (backyard).  Most German families have lovely flower gardens and enjoying sitting around outside in them on nice days.  So here I am sitting in a lounge chair reading a book on my vacation in Germany.  I could be doing this at home!  But this is so much better!  My little cousins had fun taking pictures with my camera and it is fun to see their perspective on things.  My five year old cousin took many of these pictures.  But I had to delete about half of those he took (who wants a picture of the floor drain or basement steps?).  The boys took me down the hill to the wild strawberries and proceeded to pick every single one that was ripe.

backyard
  I think I might have gotten one of them!

Our afternoon fun was interrupted by a thunderstorm passing through.  It doesn't storm much here, and not the severe storms we get back home.  But this storm was different.  There was a lot of lightning and heavy rain.  And then it started hailing!  I was told it usually hails about once every summer and I just happened to be there for it!  What luck!  At least I'm glad I had shelter.  Good thing we got those flower pictures before the hail ruined some of them!

My aunt and uncle have the main floor of this home and Oma (my aunt's mother) has the first floor.  The second floor is shared by a college student and visiting relatives.  I get my own cozy room and share the kitchen and bathroom with the college student.  I love it!

rose bushes