Back Home

Doha Travel Blog

I hardly slept last night. Obviously something that I ate yesterday gave me a lot of grief but I seemed okay after a while

The walk to the airport was pretty uneventful. The security at the road into the airport was more than the last time I was here..they had us funneling into a small shelter so that they could get a good look at us.

I have been through customs and I am just holding up going through security as it is difficult to know for sure what, if any, services including a bathroom is actually available beyond the metal detectors....therefore I'll hold up where I am for now.

The flight home was fine. We were delayed by 10 minutes waiting for air traffic then it was a routine flight back to Sharjah. I arrived in Sharjah and needed to get a boarding pass to Doha.  The clerk at the transfer desk looked into my passport and told me something to the effect that I could no longer get a visa on arrival... I pointed out that my passport had a work visa in it!

Checked my work e-mail when I got home.  Turns out that my friend Matt was trying to get ahold of me.  It seems that they have managed to sneak into an internet cafe and the owner is on guard for the protesters. All the local flights have been cancelled in Pokhara and they have managed to charter a plane back to Kathmandu on Saturday.

photo by: Stevie_Wes