Passing By Meknes

Meknes Travel Blog

We started from Casablanca 5 Guys more than Friends who had the same goal is to see the snow that isn't very exiting in such a country , at 5 o'clock i woke up and i packed up  i brought my Guitar and my camera and headed to the car . we took the road To Meknes , we take a rest in the Highway and take some shots to the wonderful Dewy grain when we were out it began to snow again , and after 220 km from Casablanca we arrived to Meknes .

Meknes is one of the imperials cities in Morocco ,it was the CApital city during the reign of Moulay Ismael " 17th century "  ,it was for me the third time that i saw Meknes , but i cant remember how it looks because i visited when i was a child .
stop in the highway
now it's different i came without my Family and here i'm to explore the city . we stoped at a Petrol station and it looks fine to play some songs during the filling so i jumped out from the car and played some songs ... we continued the road , it's time for breakfast , we stoped at a "caffĂ© " and we had a breakfast "it was the sweetiest breakfast meal in Morocco and the cheapest " "Msemmen and Harsha ,some bread with honey  and a cub of tea " after the meal we took a walk in the city ,the first thing that it was an usual it's a big wall with a big door as well called "Bab Lekhmiss" .
   i remembred from my last visit to Meknes a large lac but i didn't the road to get to it , we asked people if they know it ,we get lost a little bit but after  we arrived , it's a large place full of water in front of a big wall with 7 way out , there is a also a statue of a hobo that it came lately it wasn't very old ,it was snowing so we took few shots and  headed to ancient medina ,those tights allyes in th center there is a large square in front of it located the big door " Bab Manosur" ...so we finished with Meknes ,next step would be El Hajeb

nathanphil says:
great photos and description...
Posted on: May 18, 2010