a great travel partner makes all the difference, so i am working on myself!

Beijing Travel Blog

since i have started thinking about my around the globe trip, i have been looking for a partner to travel with.

why do i want a partner? well, firstly, i am a woman, and traveling as a woman can be dangerous. secondly, i'd travel with someone even if i were a man! traveling alone is itself dangerous to me: falling into my own thinking every minute for a year? what can be worse? - locked up in a cell all alone?

on the other hand. if we are not exchanging our spirit with people on our journey - if we do not open our heart to different thinkings; then we are already locked up in a cell; no matter how far we go, no matter how fresh and new things are around us, we can not escape.

I met a very wise man who had been locked in a single cell for 7 years. the cell can hardly allow him to strech to the length of his body. every day he cleans the walls with his tooth brush;  the guard was the only human being he sees year through year.

bordem - the center of it is the source to Buddha.  This man has become a real buddha, who lives like a normal human being, but his mentality is that of a Buddha.

that said. it comes to my mind that My trip - will be a journey to buddha's country.  wow...i didn't know that when i started to write half an hour ago...

awonder01 says:
Hi wanderlass,

i see what you mean. yes, that's the kind of travel i'd be excited to experience! meet the locals on travbuddy!
Posted on: Jun 15, 2010
wanderlass says:
i prefer to travel solo specially on a very long trip like the RTW. you have more freedom in schedule and can have everything according to your liking. traveling solo doesn't mean you're confined to yourself. you meet locals and you meet other travelers. traveling solo isn't as dangerous as it sound if you take the necessary precaution you would traveling with a buddy. but different strokes for different folks! ;)
Posted on: Jun 14, 2010