Sorrento Italy Last Day then back to Rome

Sorrento Travel Blog

Sorrento Coast

We went to the Scuba Diving place after checking out and ditched our backpacks there for the day.  Ryan went to shop and I relaxed on the beach some although I didn't go into the water.  I found a stray dog who looks like the locals feed or a resturant because he had a pile of steak bones near by.

Ryan and I met up for lunch at a local place, I got Bruchetta, Capri Style.  Then we went to learn how to scuba dive!  I was nervous we'd see something that woudl freak me out, like a shark.  We first watched an information video.  then we got wet suits,  and a lot of other equipment.  There was only a total of 4 of us learning then 3 guides.

It was a really neat sensation being able to breath underwater and I had no trouble at all.  We swam around with the guidance of our instructor for a while.  We saw lots of fish and small sea urchines on the bottom.  We also went through a cave into a little area that was like a natural pool.  We swam around there for a while before leaving and going down real deep... it kept getting colder then our guide pulled our buoyency jackets and we quickly lifted to the surface.  I loved the feeling of scuba diving but i definently think there are much prettier places to do it.

If I went back I probably wouldn't scuba dive in this area... I think that would be better in the Caribean after snorkling there.

We showered off at the scuba place and then caught our train to naples then from naples to rome.  We got there at 9:30 pm and the metro was closed.  Taxis wanted 50 euro to get us to our camp site.  Instead we waited a while and went inside to reserve our couchette for our overnight to Switzerland in a few days.  Then we found a guy (maybe a taxi driver.. maybe someone just trying to make some money) to drive us to our camp site for $35 euro, at that point we didn't have a choice.

We were back in the AC mobile homes and it was wonderful.

photo by: Shannon_atl