EuropeItalyRome

Rome, Italy- Day 2

Rome Travel Blog

These college kids thought a summer in Rome would be amazing until the realized it sucks diggin in the dirt every day! I am just guessing.

today we saw more Roman Ruins. We went on a tour of an ancient palace area.  We saw where Casear Agustus lived and areas still being excavated.  We saw original marble floors still intact from the 1st and 2nd centry.  After Lunch we visited a wax museum... I woudl never suggest to anyone to visit it, we thought it was a waste of time.  Then we got Gelato and ate it outside of the Pantheon which we had to go back to visit again since it was so amazing.  We walked around a while finding artists in a square however it was a bit pricey for my budget.  We headed back to our camp site to nap up before the Spanish Steps Pub Craw that night.

I came, I saw, I crawled.... We met on the spanish steps to drink free cheap wine and chat with other people who were crawling that night.

Ancient Fountain excavated area.
  It was fun meeting people and sharing where you have traveled so far and giving advice to one another for places you plan on going.  We got taken around to a bunch of differnet bars getting a free shot as we entered each bar...somehow i forgot to count these when i was trying to keep track of how much I had drank...oops.  By the end of the night I was really drunk and Ryan luckily was sober.  it was almost 3 am and just to note the Subway/Metro closes around 9pm in Rome.  We ended up going into another bar and asking for them to call us a cab which ended up costing 20 euro but we got home safe.  I highly recommend going on Pub Crawls if you are in your teens, 20's or early 30's.  It is a lot of fun to meet other travelers and get taken to local bars that aren't too crowded.  The guides are really nice as well and will give you tips for other attractions you want to see or what to see.

These college kids thought a summe…
These college kids thought a summ…
Rome