EuropeItalyRome

Rome, Italy- Day 1

Rome Travel Blog

Me and Ryan at the Coloseum

We checked in at our camp site which ended up being amazing.  The camp site had lots of mobile homes and a 2-3 bed room was half a mobile home.  You had your own bathroom and shower and best of all there was air conditioning!  We were soo excited since it was the first place in europe that had it!  Score! We then ditched our bags and head to the Coloseum.  You walk out of the subway station and bam its right in front of you.  We got the audio guide so we knew what we were seeing however.... this was the worst audio guide we had in all of europe.  It is very hard to follow and you don't know what you are looking at.  Thus I suggest to anyone and everyone to take a guided tour instead.  We over heard one and it sounded great so we tried to hear from a distance.

The Pantheon... amazing, the picture doesn't do it justice.
  I was actually surprised with the coloseum, it was more "ruined" then I thought it would be and it was very difficult for me to picture what it would have looked like when it was being used.  We spent about an hour here.

Then we walked to the Pantheon (church with large dome that has a hole in the ceiling).  It was absolutely my favorite architecture in all of Europe.  It was just simply amazing and beautiful in great condition.  Definently an Engineering Marvel.  The hole in the ceiling is 9 meters in diameter and the base of the dome is about 43 meters.  The height of the dome is equal to the width and it was made in the BC's.  It has been well maintained and looks as it would have then except they changed the monuments from pageon to christian.

We then wen to the Trevi fountain, it was in angels and demons.  This was also beautiful and nice to photograph.  The water is not deep at all in the fountain so there is no way you would be able to really drown someone in this fountain as depicted in angels and demons.  Still a good book but not realistic.

Me and Ryan at the Coloseum
The Pantheon... amazing, the pictu…
The Pantheon... amazing, the pict…
me outsie the Pantheon