London- Wimbledon The Championships and the Theater.

London Travel Blog

Today we got up very early.. I forgot to change our clock back...oops.  at 9am we left for Wimbledon to stand in line and maybe get tickets or at least lawn tickets.  I got ticket 583 and 6000 people could get lawn tickets so I knew we were in good shape.  By the time we got in it was 11am.  We were able to get seats on court 1 which were 26 pounds.  The first game was at noon on court 3 for the boys final.  We watched that  getting front row seats since it was open seating.

After the match and Lunch we went to find our seats in Court 1 to watch the mixed doubles match.  We knew we were the first row in level 2.  When we got to our seats we were shocked, we had front row on the court seats and couldn't believe it.  The matches were longer than i expected and very competative.

Then we go some traditional strawberries and creame and walked a bit before watching the 45+ mens double final.  This game was a lot of fun to watch because the guys playing interacted with the audience and were funny.  It was US vs. Australia.  The US team won yay!

After the match we took the subway back to London to get tickets for a show that night.  We really wanted Mary Poppins but the tickets were too expensive so we went to the producers for 25 pounds each.  It started 10 mintues from when we bought the ticekts so we ran/rushed to find the theater.  It was hilarious and I loved it.  I wish i would have had more time in the Theater district because it was a happening place to be at night and very beautiful.  So if I go back I want to hang out some here!

melissak says:
ahh im so jealous you got to go to Wimbeldon, thats so cool!
Posted on: Nov 25, 2007