London- Kennsington Palace, Princess Diana Memorial Fountain, world cup finals

London Travel Blog

Garden at Kennsington Palace

Today we started at Kennsington Palace where a Princess Diana exhibit has been made.  It was wonderful showing beautiful pictures of her and gowns she donated to auction off for charity.  You were also able to see other gowns and royal artifacts throughout the exhibit.  After we walked through a park to find the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain.. It took a while to find and was not what I expected.  It is a large somewhat circular fountain which flows around. areas have different tectures to make the water create different sounds.  It was very peaceful and many parents brought their kids here to splash their feet in the water.

We walked around London some more before heading back to our Hostel bar to watch the World Cup finals.  I wanted France to win because I had so much fun watching the game with them this previous week.  I was disapointed when it came down to a shoot off and Italy won.  Oh well.... I am now thinking my next big trip should be to South Africa for the next world cup!  This is our last night in Europe which we were there from the opening of the world cup til the end... and so many of my nights were entertained by watching games... it forced me to become a soccer fan.

Princess Diana memorial Fountain