Interlaken, Switzerland - Day 1

Interlaken Travel Blog

Interlaken beautiful

It is absolutely Beautiful here!  The mountains, lakes, and town are amazing... even the swiss francs are pretty.  It also feels like the whole city is air conditioned... so nice after 2 weeks in Italy.  We were staying at the Funny Farm Hostel which was basically an old barn house with some bunk beds put in but whatever it was cheap and a happening place for the teens and 20's.

We first went to Beatusholden Caves.  It was neat and cold but I wouldn't really waste your time.. I've been to just as good of ones in the US.  Then we got a boat pickup to go back along the lake.

Our hostel ended up being about 10 yards away from the company, Alpinraft, we had planned to bungy jump with making it easy to schedule.  We went shopping in the downtown area, I found a great gift for my friend at home. He works with Solar energy so I found a solar powered watch.  I also got my brother a swiss army knife... so typical but perfect from switzerland.

Then we headed back to the hostel and signed up for the Beach Volleyball tornament.  It was tons of fun and we met soo many people from all around the world, well Norway and others from the States.  We also got some free drinks while playing so it made it a great time for me :o).  After the tornament there was a bonfire and then we went across the street to the other hostel, Balmers, and went to their bar which was open later.

Entrance to Caves