Florence Italy- Day 2

Florence Travel Blog

Top of Duomo's Dome in Florence.

Today was super tourism day!  We started by climbing Duomo's Dome, which is the main church in Florence.  There was a huge line to go into the church but no line to climb to the top of the dome.  You get great views of the ceiling painting in the dome as well as looking below into the church.  It was a tiring climb to the top through narrow stairwells but it was worth it. The view was beautiful!  However after we got back down my legs wouldn't stop shaking for 30 mins!

Then we visited the Church of Santa Maria Novella where many paintings and frescos were painted in 3D.  I lacked enthusisim at this church since they were starting to get old and to similar.  We then went to Bargello which has lots of old sculptures by Donatello and Michelangelo.

We continued on the Hop on Hop off bus since it was good for 24 hours to go to the science museum.  It was a really cool museum showing a lot of old insturments and science equipment.  It had a lot of Galieo's personal equipment.  We spent a while in the museum seeing many different interesting exhibits. I highly recommend going if you are interested in science.

Then I went shopping.  I bought my mom pretty earrings and myself a gorgous necklace on the bridge.  there were so many beautiful things I hope some day I have money to get more.

Top of Duomos Dome in Florence.
Top of Duomo's Dome in Florence.
View from the Dome.
View from the Dome.
Globe depicting the earth is the c…
Globe depicting the earth is the …
ceiling of Dome