4th of July in Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Sacre Coeur at night.

Today we started with the Museum d'Orsay.  It was a bit crowded since on tuesday the Louvre is closed, so we waited about an hour to get in.  We started on the 5th floor where the Impressionist gallery is, which is my favorite style.  I Love the artwork in this museum... It was my favorite art museum.  Monet was amazing as wellas Renoir and Van Gogh.  We spent about 2.5 hours at the museum walking throughout almost all of it.  You are also allowed to take pictures without the flash throughout the entire museum.... so I got pictures of famous pieces which was awesome.

Later in the day we headed up to Sacre Coeur Basilica.  There was a great view of the city from here and once it was dark the Eiffel tower lit up sparkling away looking amazing.  I got an expensive beer at the top like my dad said i had to do.  there were a few artists around and a ton of people doing portraits.  there were also some stores which had a variety of artists paintings.  I ended up buying 3 mathcing pieces which are beautiful.  Luckily the subway runs longer here and we got it around 12pm.

I love Monet