Island hopping to paradise

Bohol Travel Blog

feeding the fishes at the amrine sanctuary

I have made an extensive research for this trip and read several reviews and blogs to find recommendations about places and people to contact.  one very helpful blog recommended the boatman who we hired for our island hopping tour :)  typical island hopping includes dolphin watching in the early hours of the morning which we forego because I heard that waking up so early (which also meant that we will be missing out on our hearty buffet breakfast at Bohol Beach Club) may not be worth it chasing after dolphins who have no assurance of being seen anyway and if lucky, could only be seen from afar.  So we contracted our boatman, Dodong, for a day of island hopping to Balicasag island where Marine sanctuary is located and to the Virgin island which is a crescent shaped strip of white sand beach.

it's ticklish!
  Hiring directly our boatman saved us Php700 if we hired one through our guide.  I would highly recommend Dodong (+639081534117) because he's not only a skilled boatman but also a great guide/photographer.  These addiional services were voluntarily offered and for that, we just had to give him a tip :)  His shots turned out to be one of the nice ones because they were candid shots..ala papparazzi :)  Also, there are times when he would say he'll take a shot when he thinks its a good pose or backdrop..like when I just gleefully sat on a tree branch and he just wanted to take photos of me while I'm there :)

This is a very very good day.  Great views..nice photos to remember..despite the fact that I have a low batteru during this day because apparently, I forgot my charger back in manila and therefore after the first day when i already ran out of battery, I only have a few chances of taking shots for this day because I'm the only one who has an underwater camera which should have been really great if only I have good batteries!  What a bummer!  nevertheless, we still get to take a few nice photos of this wonderful day :)

TravellinChic says:
Next time :-)
Posted on: Jun 30, 2013
cotton_foam says:
sana nga ano...hinde na lang kami nag dolphin watching...nag one day na lang kami sa snorkeling at paradise island! hinde ko kasi nabasa etong review mo agad! sayang! ;-)
Posted on: Jun 29, 2013
feeding the fishes at the amrine s…
feeding the fishes at the amrine …
its ticklish!