Countryside tour

Bohol Travel Blog

blood compact site
We were fetched at 8.30am by our tour guide, Mang Edgar (+639075076644).  We went to Blood compact site, then, chocolate hills.  We saw many mangrove trees along the way and planned to stop by to have a look and take some photos later :)  There was a minimal fee entrance at the chocolate hills site and a few steps to climb and see the beauty of chocolate hills.  Some of the hills were still green and there's only one which is brown which is what it should look like in the hottest period, hence, the name chocolate hills.  We were still amazed by how the hills look very close to the size of each other and how amazing it is that there are so many of them!  They look like they were placed there instead of its natural origins...wow :)  Afterwards, we went to ATV shop so we could do some adventure rides :)  We instead opt to use the bugcar so me and my friend could ride together.
  It should be safer as well as we (at least I) don't want to end up in scratches :P  After the adrenaline rush we proceeded with the tour and went to the tarsier's sanctuary where we find the cute looking small animals.  They are just almost the size of my small fist and some of them were sleeping.  So cute!  I'm surprised that they dont have any entrance fee and there's only a basket where people could drop some money as donation for taking care of the tarsiers.  Next is passing by and taking photos at Bilar's man made forest and hanging bridge. :)  There is a small fee for the hanging bridge and you'll find some interesting local food sold on the side.  There's roasted corn on cob and some buko juice :)  Then, we finally proceeded to Loboc River Cruise where we had lunch!  It's a buffet lunch with entertainment.
chocolate hills
  The highlight of the entertainment was the Tinikling dance where guests were also invited to try their dancing feet on :)  Lunch was pleasant and I liked the green mango with shrimp paste (bagoong in local language).  After the cruise, we went to Baclayon church which is the oldest church in Bohol and second oldest stone church in Philippines dating back to 1596.  there was a museum inside but we opt not to visit and instead we just went to see the mangroves on the other side of the road.  Very interesting :)
Bilars man-made forest