Time To Go

Bergen Travel Blog

Back At Fossatun

Up and started packing when we started getting messages warning us that the airspace had been closed in Northern ireland and there was a chance that it could affect Scotland soon. Tried to get through to SAS in Bergen to find out is there were going to be any delays or cancellations, even had a couple of locals trying as well, without any success.  Decided we would just have to go for it and set off for Bergen about quarter to one.

Decided to stop again to see the waterfall at Fossatun, and the boys went into the shop again to buy a present for their mother. On the road again, and not as daunting as I had thought, as I was having to navigate myself this time instead of just following. Stopped off again at Bjorkheim and filled the car up again with diesel, to save being charged and arm and leg for Hertz to do it at the airport.

Toilet Sign At Flesland :D

Got into bergen and picked up the signs for the airport and they were easy enough to follow and we were at the airport for 3-15 and handed the car back. No sign of any delays and there was already a gate number up for the flight to Aberdeen. Self Check In machines and baggage tagging and you just hand your bags over at the desk. My mum had made sandwiches out of the food mountain before we left, so we had them for a late lunch before heading through to departures.

Had a quick look round the duty free, and for once I had remembered to keep my tax refund receipts out of my case and went and cashed them in. Plane again very quiet and we left 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Nice views from the plane heading first over Bergen and then out along the fjord. Quite clear all the way to until just before we got to Scotland, so you could pick out all the oil platforms in the North Sea

huibdos says:
Tax free, that's it!! (I forgot to claim)
Posted on: May 30, 2010
vances says:
Glad you weren't grounded by the volcano.
Posted on: May 14, 2010