In And Out Of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Travel Blog

Crossing The Coast Of Scotland

An hour and twenty minutes later we arrived back in Aberdeen at 6pm. Easy to tell when we were reaching Scotland, as the cloud covered the sky and you couldn't see anything until you got down to abouth a thousand feet :D.  Got our bags back, but then had trouble keeping everyone together and rounding them up took a while as they went to do their own thing to prepare for the drive back to Glasgow.

Waited at the front of the airport for the courtesy bus to the long stay car park, which took about 10 minutes to come. Loaded the car, a lot easier with mine than the hired car in Norway. Again aware of so many speed cameras that I had clocked on the way out to the airport I tried REALLY hard to stick to the speed limits.

Must have missed the turn off for the way I had come, as I ended up in the middle of the city centre instead of cutting through the west of the city.

Flying Over Aberdeen
Soon found the road to Dundee and we were soon out on the main road. Had already decided to stop off at the McDonalds just outside Forfar, as it was just off the main road and would do for everyone to grab something to stop them starving before we got home.

Left there about 8-30 and everything was going well until we hit the M80 just outside Glasgow where there were major roadworks, and the turn off to the slip road exit I wanted was closed off. Ended up having to go about another 5 miles, and it was all coned off, and 40mph with average speed cameras :(, and cutting through a different part of the city to get home. Dropped the boys and my mum up at her house and eventually got home for 10-30pm.

huibdos says:
And you gained an hour crossing from the continent:)
Posted on: May 30, 2010