Setting Off

Glasgow Travel Blog

Trial Fitting

One of the big occasions in Norwegian culture is the Confirmation, whaich happens in the year the children turn 15. As much a coming of age ceremony as it is a religious one. So going to this had been planned for over two years, though the final travel arrangements weren't done until earlier this year.

Unfortunately my daughter had her exams going on, so she and my wife stayed in the UK, but I did have my mother to take with me :O and later also added my cousins two boys to the party. The Confirmation was on the Sunday, but had decided to go out on the Thursday, to get a chance to see a bit of Bergen before heading out to the country to Oystese.

Had to get everything in place before the off, and arranged for my cousins boys to come up and stay the night before at my mothers. Also as it was a fairly formal occasion we had to hire a kilt outfit for my boy. They are expensive to buy, so it isn't really worth buying one for a child, but they are not cheap to rent either :D.

Having put all the plan together the boys arrived in Glasgow just before 2pm on the Wednesday, and I dropped them off at my mums, came down the road and eventually got round to packing myself. I like to leave packing to the last minute, as I'm ready to go as soon as i have, so it was after 10pm before I did. Made myself up a few CD's for the journey and for taking over to Norway and finally went to bed after midnight.

Alarm clock soon went off at 3-20am as my son had decided he wanted to have breakfast before we left

sarahsan says:
Congrats on your featured blog Ian! How cool that your Norwegian blog got featured!
Tinktinkie says:
Hi, congrats on your featured blog! Well done!
JP-NED says:
Ian, congrats on being featured my friend!
photo by: terminalfunk