Finding my drive

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

Is this Sixt land??

When I was getting my luggage I was taken by the massive promotion of Sixt; the whole area was covered in their orange and black, I almost felt back in Amsterdam on Queens Day. I had never rented a car from Sixt, not on purpose but it just never happen.

In Dusseldorf airport the car rentals are situated very close to the arrival exit, Hertz was not the first one say but it was close by to the left. There was a huge desk where one girl was waiting for me; well it was a nice thought!

She had my reservation and things had gone fast if I had not made her do everything again due to an error. She had me chose between an Opel and a Ford and I picked the Ford driving Opel every day.

The car was situated quite and surprisingly far from where I started. I had to cross the whole terminal 3 and enter one of two parking houses. I had to go on fifth floor and found the car after 10 minutes.

The car turned out to be nice and getting out the garage was like stealing candy from kids: easy and smooth. The delivery of the car was also swift and friendly.

Sixt everywhere
Sixt everywhere
This was what I was looking for!
This was what I was looking for!
The parking house
The parking house
My rental Ford Fiesta
My rental Ford Fiesta
Dusseldorf General Tips & Advice review
Fast and easy
Over the years I have been renting many cars in many places and in many airports but it was my first time in Düsseldorf. In Dusseldorf airport the… read entire review
Dusseldorf