Grand Central Station and Grand Central Market

New York Travel Blog

Typical shot of Grand Central Station

It's not uncommon for tourists to visit major places of transit - particularly ones that are historic and beautiful, such as Grand Central Station in NYC. I heard that Penn Station was also gorgeous and ornate before they tore it down many decades ago before realizing what they had destroyed. Whoops!

This is a true traveler's mecca. Lots of specialty stores, tons of places to grab a quality bite to eat, and always impeccably clean. I don't ride the train very often, but it would not surprise me if an old coal-eating train pulled out of such a historic and timeless station.

I took a photography class here, which made it easier and more comfortable to just loiter and take lots of pictures of this beautiful hall. It was funny though, most people passing through here were toting huge cameras so we fit right in! We then ventured into Grand Central Market which I had never done before and I'm glad I did! Wow, talk about gourmet everything! Too bad it's so expensive, but if you're ever in a rush and want top-quality food, you can be sure to find it right here!

jenn79 says:
Prexy my love, I can't wait!! =) Let me know if there's anything you absolutely must do, and I'll be there!! (concert, film, whatever!)
Posted on: Feb 24, 2011
vances says:
Think the above ground structures where razed to build Madison Square Garden --- of course there's still plenty of Penn Station to explore underground!

Since you enjoyed the GC market, where's your review of the 'greenmarkets' around town? They offer great selections as well...at much better price points!

:^)
Posted on: Feb 20, 2011
jenn79 says:
Hahaa! Do you know about this too? Do you know the complete version of what happened?
Posted on: Feb 19, 2011
Typical shot of Grand Central Stat…
Typical shot of Grand Central Sta…
pink and patriotic!