Best donuts in the world!

New York Travel Blog

Oh the donut world is a tough one. Between Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme I don't know how the rest of the stores hold up! But thanks to Tracy and her Food-Channel watching, we discovered what is definitely my favorite donut joint in the world so far - Doughnut Plant. It's located on the corner of Grand and Essex, somewhere between the lower east side and Chinatown. I think they're closed on Mondays. Daytime is the best time to go as the donuts are fresh and still hot. There's a huge line out the door as long as there's sunlight so expect a 30 minute wait at least. But I promise you, it'll be worth it.

I suggest the yeast donuts. The cake donuts are nothing special. My favorites are the Coconut Creme, Creme Brulee and when in season, the Marzipan donuts. Don't get the chocolate ones, they're not great. They cost about $4 a pop and there's no discount for bulk/dozen orders, so be careful! A dozen cost me somewhere close to $40.

Update - their seasonal donuts are fabulous!! So I've started a list of must-try's!! Definitely follow your instincts, as I don't go often enough to have tried everything they make, but I'll continue this list as I am awed and comforted by their amazing creations!

1. Marzipan
2. Mango (tastes like someone whipped up fresh mango creaminess)
3. Creme Brulee
4. Coconut Cream
PrissyT says:
As Homer Simpson would say, Mmmm...donuts *drool*
Posted on: Aug 24, 2010
jenn79 says:
Then you must come during the winter! =) They're the best things I've EVER tasted.
Posted on: May 04, 2010
nobody makes Donut Plant look bett…
nobody makes Donut Plant look bet…
New York