Welcome to New York City

New York Travel Blog

In order to get you into the NYC mood =)
Welcome to my home. I've lived here since 1980, all over Queens and attended HS in Manhattan - in the days before it was called "The City".

You can never say there's nothing to do in NY. In an effort to keep track, I've tried documenting the stuff that happened to me and around me, and found myself falling behind because everyday is so crazy and so beautiful. Everyone inspires me in this city, but they always have. I've had people visit since the minute I landed here and I've discovered a bunch of things I've seen all over movies or TV but never knew where they were. I also got to re-enter some of my old haunts. So I've compiled a list of famous stuff to see, cool things to do, and some of my favorite joints. As time permits and if I take photos, I'll include them here - I'll try and be good about sharing as much as I can to help you get around, as it can be a little intimidating for first-timers. But I know you'll fall in love with this place as much as I have.

(Some of the dates are meaningless, I was just trying to separate locales into different entries.)

And I'll leave you with my favorite Jay-Z song..
"Now you're in New York - there's nothing you can't do. These streets will make you feel brand new, these lights will inspire you."

Still to see & add (and feel free to drop me a note if you want anything scouted out or rumors of a particularly cool thing to check out):

- Statue of Liberty
- Sunday Gospel Choir
- Spoonbread Fried Chicken
- Free Kayaking off of Chelsea Piers
shirlan says:
Congrats on your featured blog. Great info! :)
monky says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Stigen says:
Congrats on feature ! nicely written
Posted on: Feb 15, 2011
In order to get you into the NYC …
New York