Day 41 - The Last Voyage

Calais Travel Blog

Today was a sad day, it was our last day of the trip and was dedicated to nothing other than travelling home on the Calais to Dover ferry. However, aboard the ferry we were already starting to remember all the good times and experiences. Finally I had lived out a dream to go travelling, but as you all probably know, it only made me hungrier to travel again! I thought it was something that I needed to get out of my system but instead I'm hooked.

The coastline of home was soon in sight as we sat on deck, with the white cliffs of Dover approaching, confirming the end of the adventure. Niki and her sister Kat had very kindly offered to pick us up at the ferry terminal and take us to their place in Horsham. Talk about planes, trains and automobiles, oh and ferries!

We spent the day and night in Horsham, eagerly telling of our escapades, before taking the longest Megabus journey home to Scotland. I was soon munching on some great home cooking and had the pleasure of my own bed again. But I'd have swapped it for a few more weeks on the road! And so my first real travel experience was over, but it certainly won't be the last...
Dr_Seuss says:
So true about thinking you'll get it out of your system and then ending up getting hooked :D
Posted on: May 11, 2010