Day 37 - Sunshine Burgers And Ice Cream

Brussels Travel Blog

Brussels
Awaking bright and early, we found ourselves to be in a great mood as we were moving on to discover a new city, with Brussels being our destination. A visit to Quicke Burger was made to grab a lazy breakfast in the form of the excellent sunshine burger. Our train journey was smooth and pleasant with a change of trains at Namur. Before long we had arrived in Brussels, and to be honest, we were loving these shortened train journeys!

After checking into the first hotel we could find, the Moon hotel, we were eager to get out and about to get a feel for the city. As usual, our first day was reserved for wandering and people watching as oppose to sight-seeing. Our walk eventually took us to the Grand Platz, which was in the midst of some kind of music festival.
Brussels
There were people all over the place, and it was a little claustrophobic, so we circled the perimeter to find somewhere to escape the crowds.

Luckily we came across a brewery! With little hesitation we ventured inside for a look. The brewery was nothing like the size of the Heineken Experience in Amsterdam yet was nice for a visit and a sampling of their blonde beer! Moving on, we kept wandering around aimlessly around the centre until we finally backtracked to the Grand Platz. A little low of money, I decided on a visit to the ATM, but I was in for a shock. I could only withdraw £100! Probably the last £100 that was in my account!

To get me through this little hump, we bought some ice cream and invented yet another legendary el dude brothers game. We took turns to make eye contact with somebody and then lick our ice creams seductively, in attempt to gauge the most outrageous reactions. Needless to say, we egged each other on as we broke down in hysterics, especially when I tried it on with a policewoman and got a cheeky smile back for my efforts!

This put us in a great mood and we decided to go for a beer run. However, after being aware that we were low on cash we opted to ditch the beer and buy wine instead. We spent the night drinking our way through 2 bottles of white wine  each and playing cards, before heading out for one more bottle to share. As bedtime ensued, we worried what kind of hangover tomorrow would bring!
photo by: Vlindeke