Day 34 - Crazy Golf

Luxembourg Travel Blog

Luxembourg
Having not set an alarm the night before, we awoke with a hangover at about 1pm and were dismayed to have missed breakfast, by a good 4 hours! Fear not though, as we soon discovered that lunch was being served up and it was BBQ! We wolfed down as much as our stomachs would allow and have full bellies certainly helped our delicate state.

We decided to check out the casemates today and to also just have a wander through the city without any particular itinerary. The casemates and surrounding area were really great and made for some excellent views of the city, especially seeing the railway that cuts into the city hillside. Moreover, the casemates made for some great shelter from the sun, which had became the bane of our trip at times.

After grabbing a second lunch at Quick burger, we spent the rest of the day just wandering the city and people watching.
Luxembourg
The city had a nice calm vibe and is just the kind of place I could happily live in. It's not too big or intimidating and the people were really friendly. Our wanderings brought us to a crazy golf course, so we just had to get a round in. We both played quite well, but I just edged it over Dave to get the victory. But he would get his revenge later on in the trip.

Getting somewhat lost on our way home, we were glad to eventually see the hostel and more importantly, what was getting served up for dinner. The answer was lasagna, and lots of it! We met up with Rasmus once more over dinner and decided to stay in as the hostel was playing the Germany Vs Portugal game. For a bit of fun, we decided to have a bet on who would score the first goal. I opted for Bastien Schweinsteiger and to my surprise he actually did score first! If only there had been a William Hills in Luxembourg!

That game was the 3rd place play-off, which meant that the teams playing in the final had been decided. France and Italy would be contesting the 2006 World Cup final and so I'm pretty sure you can guess where we were headed next.... but not before some farewell beers with Rasmus and one more sleep in Luxembourg.

Afternoon nap!