Day 29 - Keep Your Hands Off My Heine!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

The Heineken Experience
The day began with a bit of accommodation hunting as we could only book one night at the previous hotel. Most places were fully booked but we managed to get a couple of beds at the Tourist Inn Hotel. We dumped our bags and were soon on our way. We had one more day to spend before meeting up with Niki and decided on a visit to the Heineken Experience. Having treated ourselves to a long lie in, we had a late breakfast and made our way to the Heineken brewery.

The Heineken Experience was fairly interesting, as it explained and demonstrated the process of its beer making, and offered up 3 glasses of ice cold beer to boot. Most entertaining was the section dedicated to it's product marketing. Its since been revamped but I'm sure the beer won't have lost any of its quality.
The Heineken Experience

A lunch stop was made at Wok and Go noodles once again after the Heineken Experience. This was followed by an afternoon spent cowering from the sun in a cafe called the Doors, where we embarked on a huge card playing marathon. The rest of the day was very low key, as we didn't want to over do the sightseeing as Niki was arriving the next day. A quiet stroll was had to bring the day to a close.

Once we got back to the Tourist Inn hotel we had a bit of a problem. It seemed that there were 9 people booked into our 8 people room. I returned to find my bed had been stolen. I had left my backpack on one of the bunk beds, which we all know constitutes ownership of the bed, but some smart ass had thrown it on the ground and placed his stuff all over the bed. The guy at reception was useless as I explained the situation and only apologized and explained he could do nothing about there mistake. They couldn't move us to another room and pretty much told us in no uncertain terms that it wasn't their problem. Luckily, a young Indonesian couple who had separate beds kindly shared one of their beds and donated the spare bed to me.

We just tried to get to sleep as soon as possible, in an attempt to get to morning sooner so we could leave this terrible hotel. Easier said than done as the temperature in the room was unbearable!
Amsterdam