Day 24 - I Heart Krakow

Krakow Travel Blog

Krakow
We awoke today at around 11am, each with a bit of a hangover kicking in and decide the best remedy is to have pizza for breakfast! We ventured out, with plans to just wander around and to also book our sleepers for the night train to Prague. We started off in the Jewish quarter which made for a nice stroll and before long we were back on the main square for more coffee and cards.

We eventually managed to drag ourselves to our feet and began the chore of booking our sleeper tickets. However, we had left it a bit late and arrived at the station to be told that there were no sleepers left. We would just have to arrive later that day and grab a coach seat like everyone else, and try to sleep sitting upright. We left the station bemoaning our little ability to plan well and headed for some dinner.
Krakow

Chicken enchiladas at Sioux restaurant were served up for us by more beautiful women, dressed as Indians. I think it was around this time that we decided how much we love Krakow and the decision was made that we would cut Prague from the schedule and stay in Krakow a day longer! Our moods had lifted and so we headed back to the hostel to book another night. However, they were fully booked! We pleaded with them to find us a way of staying and they agreed that we could stay one more night if we slept on mattresses. We happily agreed and notified Dan that another night out was on the cards.

By early evening, we were once again sipping beers and shooting pool, this time at the Showtime bar with Dan.
Krakow
We got talking with a small group of guys from Newcastle who were across in Krakow looking to buy property. It seemed like everyone was in love with this city. The beer was flowing well as usual and we soon found ourselves talking about hitting a club. We heard that Prozac was the place to be so we drunk up and headed for the club.

Prozac was packed and the place was really cool inside. Not at all like the clubs back in Scotland. The vibe was really good and we didn't hesitate buying another round and then hitting the dancefloor. There were so many cool people, including a group of lads from Livingstone, who had just arrived after spending time in Croatia. It was really good to speak to some fellow Scots, especially being so far away from home.

The night just got better on meeting Monica from the States and her mates. We shared some risky jokes, stories and overall top quality banter. This really was the life I thought as the beers just kept coming. I knew I would pay for it the following night but I wasn't caring! We danced and joked into the small hours, before heading back to our mattresses for our final sleep in Krakow.

photo by: EmyG