Day 21 - Djien Dobry!

Krakow Travel Blog

We pulled into Krakow station around 7am after a frankly rubbish train journey that involved little to no sleep. However, we were now in Krakow and nothing was going to dampen our spirits. Our accommodation for the duration of our stay was Mama's hostel, which was located just off the main square so we had no trouble finding it. After some breakfast at one of the numerous eating establishments on the square, we got some much needed shut eye back at the hostel.

Already in love with the overall vibe of the city, we headed out to the square once more for lunch, and then hid away from the sun in a great little cellar bar where we managed to watch the England Vs Ecuador game. The beers were going down nicely and the cool air radiating the bar was welcoming. We stayed a little while longer in the bar then made it 3-in-a-row by getting dinner on the square.

Having had a very easy day, we decided to go to Auschwitz the next day and opted to return to the hostel in the early evening. The place was busy though, and there were plenty of travellers to speak with. One such traveller was Laura, from Vancouver, who made great company for the evening, as we chatted about travel. It made for a great conversation as you get new ideas and inspiration from like-minded people.

We hit the hay early after I had collected my laundry. It was great to have a proper washing machine to use as I was getting tired off washing my clothes in the shower!
Krakow