Day 20 - Hunting For The Statues

Bratislava Travel Blog

The Photographer
After such an anti-climax the previous evening, we awoke the next day fairly fresh and free of any hangover or weariness. But we still decided to lie in until about 11am. The World Cup was once again the topic of our debate over breakfast, as well as the semi disappointment of the end to the previous night.

Today we planned on wandering the cobbled streets of Bratislava again, in search of the 3 statues, the Frenchman, the Peeper and the Photographer. This made for a fairly pleasant afternoon, just ducking in and out of streets and around corners and trying to discover sights not mentioned in our rough guide.

However, as the afternoon worn on, we were once again aware of the presence of stag parties.
The Peeper
However, this time there seemed to be twice as many. They were loud and rude, and well on their way to getting drunk. On this note, we headed away from the louts and managed to find a great little Slovak pub that dished up a great Schnitzel and was playing a World Cup game. We stayed there as long as we could before it was time to pick our bags up once more and head to the station for yet another train journey.

I found my visit to Bratislava to be a little disappointing, but thinking about it now, I couldn't really give it a fair chance due to the stag parties. My advice would be to visit Bratislava through the week, and avoid it during the weekend, especially over the summer. So we were kinda glad to leave the city behind in the end. However, this was also probably due to the fact that our next stop was Krakow, the city that I was most excited about.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Bratislava
A Scotsman, an Englishman and a Fr…
A Scotsman, an Englishman and a F…
photo by: EmyG