Day 17 - BeWitched!!!

Budapest Travel Blog

Parliament building
Today's agenda consisted of a walking tour of Budapest, in particular, the Buda part of the city. After swinging by the Parliament building for some photos, we made our way to the Fisherman's bastion.  By now the sun was glaring down and we were very much struggling. The tourists were out in force as well and we lingered for a little while before heading back across the river via the Chain bridge.

Not before we bumped into Harry, the Kiwi we partied with at Sin City in Sofia. We had no idea he was heading to Budapest so it was great to have a quick catch up. We headed back to the hostel for the rest of the day to cower away from the sun and spent most of the afternoon writing emails and playing cards.
Fisherman's Bastion

Following an afternoon nap and a dinner of pasta, we took up seats at the hostel table with our cards and beers. It wasn't long before we were joined by American duo Mike and Todd. They were great company and had a very similar sense of humour so the night began well. Soon after, one of the Irish girls, Iofna, joined in as well, then Kumar and Mark from Singapore. They had just literally checked in, dumped their bags in the dorm and sat down with us, vodka in hand!

So we had a core group of party minded people and when Mike introduced us to a new drinking game - ring of fire, the night really took off. Soon we were out of drink and had to swing by a local shop to restock. We continued the game, which truth be told is rather deadly and were soon fairly drunk. Dave and I did fairly well as did the Americans and the Irish, but Kumar and Mark could drink like fish! Once the game had finished with an array of forfeits, we headed to the Cha Cha Cha club on Margaret Island, situated in the middle of the Danube.
Hutch and I on the Chain bridge

We finally reached the club and we were glad to find that it was open-air, much to our relief as it was still very warm. Don't even ask me what music was played as I couldn't tell you, but all I know is we danced all night, in between some more shots! As the party winded down, I found myself all alone and headed home to the hostel in a taxi, to find that Dave was missing as well. Luckily he managed to make it home, as well as everyone else, in one piece. As my head hit the pillow, I knew I was in for a big hangover.........
Fishermans Bastion