Chilling out time

Riga Travel Blog

For our final day, we headed to the Latvian War Museum in the Old Powder Tower. Wasn't as good as the Occupation Museum and I lost patiance with the old women staff constantly following and watching us like criminals. Yes, believe it or not people under 35 can in fact be interested in history. Shock horror! Anywho, after reading about much the same as the day before, albeit in a less interesting fashion, we came to the understanding we'd done everything the old town had the offer and the suburbs of Riga didn't seem too appealing (I'd probably allowed myself to be overly put off by the stories I'd heard from the Latvian cleaners at work. Bastards) so we went to the Irish Bar and, after witnessing some Irish people try to fight the owner (they lost), watched Liverpool vs Chelsea on TV (as a Reds fan, it was a highly disappointing result, much like our season) and after excessive drinking, we had some dinner and then went to the cinema and watched Iron Man 2 in predominatly a drunken blur. But even after I sobered up, it didn't get any better. Iron Man 2 is a poor film. Robert Downey Jr is too good an actor to be involved in these things.

Which is all you'll learn from this chapter of life.

GeorgeLeach says:
Well I'm glad to know it's not just me then!
Posted on: May 06, 2010