Back home and dodgy landings!

Bristol Travel Blog

We took the airport shuttle bus back (6 lv for 2 people) and after finally taking off, spend an uneventful two hours and forty minutes in the air. Well, uneventful bar the drunken morons bothering the air stewerdesses. Honestly who's drunk by 11am? Alcoholics, that's who. Fools. Anyway, that's what books and mp3 players are for, to block unwanted distractions out. So that was all grand until the descent into Bristol airport which shook up both the plane and my friend, who isn't good with flying, due to strong winds and even the other passengers when the pliot landed it and is skidded slightly on the runway. It was only slight, but it doesn't half throw the plane about inside. However as I'm here typing this, you've probably gathered it wasn't exactly a big deal. Just the only notable point of a boring day.

So that's it, my short visit to Latvia's capital summed up. In short, Riga makes a nice 2 day break but for the average tourist, there's not much beyond that unless you take an excursion out of the city. Still, I give it a thumbs up. Better than Paris.

williamsworld says:
Now I want to head there.

Thanks for sharing.