Old School Hollywood

Hollywood Travel Blog

Old School Hollywood  July 6, 2008

Checked out of the hotel around 9 am, we were feeling a bit gloomy the expo was over.  I’ve been here in California for 14 years now to this date, and I’ve never seen the Hollywood sign or passed by the walk of fame on Hollywood boulevard.  That was the plan for today, to visit Hollywood boulevard.  I was surprise how close Hollywood was from downtown Los Angeles, and even more surprising was how we found a free parking spot in a parking lot.  First stop was Hollywood and Vine.  I don’t see what was so special about this place, had our pictures taken, and continued to walk down Hollywood and took pictures of the Hollywood star walk of fame, and eventually made our way to where Jimmy Kimmel hosts his late night show, the Mann’s theatre, and Kodak theatre.  Not far off from the distance was the famous Hollywood sign in the hills.  We spent a good 2 hours just walking around before we got tired of this place.  It’s a nice visit, but I wouldn’t stay longer because Hollywood is a ghetto place.  We drove back to Fresno after lunch and an unforgettable first roadtrip travel with my friends, which I will remember for a long time.

Walk of Fame