Tours - the Loirevalley, France

Tours Travel Blog

Actually I headed Tours in France for a conference. You always get some hours for discoveries on your own and with your friends. This town with its around 130.000 inhabitants were totally asleep when I arrived on a sunny Sunday at midday. I couldn't believe that everything was closed, even the smallest coffeshops. It was a wonder really, that the hotel was open and welcomed me. It was a strange feeling of being left alone on your own. I couldn't even have a snack to eat before late afternoon, and all the restaurants slowly started up again. The boulevard taking you from the centre of the town and all way through it, is a good walking path, although not much to see besides interesting houses. You pass the big cityhall /Hotel de Ville/ that gives an impressing signal to the bypassers. It s huge and mighty. Tours is a genuine French town and the old parts of it gives you many pleasant visits in some of its cosy restaurants or in the big mall for a huge variety of cheeses, seafood, pastries, wines, and all you expect to find in a well sorted French grossery hall. Two days a week there is a great flower market in the big boulevard crossing the town.

I stayed in a rather cheap but comfortable hotel located just ten minutes walk from everything. Every day I walked to the Conference centre that took around fifteen minutes. The conference building has a very interesting architecture in a contemporary style and it is huge.

One evening we took a bus out to a castle for a conference dinner. It was such a beautiful setting by the river Loire.

Tours Hotels & Accommodations review
comfortable to budgetprice
Just ten minutes walk from the railway-station in the city you find this hotel. In another direction it takes you ten-fifteen minutes to reach the amu… read entire review