Asia's longest zipline in Dahilayan, Bukidnon

Bukidnon Travel Blog

dahilayan adventure park in bukidnon
Another highlight of my first trip in Mindanao is our visit to the wonderful province of Bukidnon, which is also dubbed as the Fruit Basket of the Philippines. It is also where the largest plantation of pineapple in the country is.

Bukidnon already has a lot of charm in itself, but the advent of Zipline facilities is a welcome addition to its allure to local and foreign tourists. We almost did not go there because there's also a zipline facility in Macahambus Adventure Park in CDO. It was a blessing-in-disguise that the Park was closed for the month due to some legal issues, or I wouldn't have thought of including the Dahilayan Adventure Park in our itinerary.
bukidnon

We left the Mass Specc Hostel in Cagayan De Oro as early as 5am, since we wanted to arrive first at Dahilayan and be among the first riders so we could also leave early and catch the last ferry going to Camiguin. We arrived at the park at 6:30AM, but unfortunately two groups came earlier than us. We still had to wait for the park to open at 9am. The wait did not seem too long, though, because the spectacular sceneries kept me entertained. Thousands of pine trees adorned Dahilayan, and the mountains looked bluish on the background. The cool breeze also helped keep me sedate and contented so I enjoyed every second that I was there. We spent most of our time taking photos of ourselves against lush greeneries and imitated some wonderful shots I saw online (hehe), including the mala-Twilight effects.
bukidnon

When the registration office opened, I tried to negotiate with the first two groups to let us go first. But they were not that kind so my friends and I decided to skip the two shorter rides (150m and 320m) and try the longest zipline (840m zipline) right away. While the first groups were lining up for the first rides, we were already waiting for the Safari that took us to the launch pad of the 840m zipline. Still, it would have been better if we were able to try all the rides. More so because the all-ride package costs P600 while the 840m alone is already P500. (Sigh)

The ride going to the launch pad was also an adventure! The trek includes sudden climbs, drops and turns that would put roller coasters to shame, metaphorically speaking. It was even scarier to fall out of the Safari than the water raft because I was so sure that if I did there was no way I'm going to survive without major lacerations and broken bones in my body! So I did not hesitate to shout at the top of my lungs, "Manong! Kakalaglag ko lang kahapon, bagalan mo lang!" ("Mr.
launch pad
Driver, I just fell yesterday, so please slow down!")

Even though the driver did not heed to my plea, we were able to reach the launch pad a bit shaken but safe. That's when I started to get nervous. While the flight crew was dressing me up for the extreme ride, I was already psyching myself up. I kept staring at the line where I would be hanging for dear life, and literally, to oblivion, because the pad where we would be landing was nowhere in sight. I wanted to back out but the thought that it would mean wasting 500 bucks kept me determined. Also, we flew by two's and on my left was Mico. I thought, well, at least I know I will not be alone in the flight.

At last, the flight crew opened the gates and pushed me to open sky. After a second or two in flight, I started to relax, and just enjoyed the feeling of flying Superman style.
gearing up for the flight
The breeze was wonderfully cool and soothing up there, and the view below was simply breathtaking. We passed through the forest and almost touched pine tree leaves.

When I finally saw the landing pad, I felt both relieved and sad. Relieved because I'm sure I'm near to safety, and sad because the adventure was ending already. The landing crew (through body language) instructed me to clip my arms to my sides and bow down as I approach landing.

It was one hell of a ride, and certainly a beautiful experience. I will do that over and over and over and over and over again if we had time. But sadly, we really had to leave right after since Camiguin is still hours away and we had to make sure that we catch a ferry or our itinerary for the following day would be ruined.

Next time I visit Bukidnon, I'll make sure to dedicate one day at Dahilayan. Seriously, I could live there. I love the weather, the trees, the mountains, the pineapples, the banana trees... everything!

Bukidnon... my home away from home.
llangs0131 says:
Nice blog.. I'll be heading down south next week! I want to visit the place..
Posted on: Jul 22, 2012
cathysioson says:
Thanks!
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010
jonatz says:
nice blog! =)wanna try this next week!
Posted on: Oct 29, 2010
dahilayan adventure park in bukidn…
dahilayan adventure park in bukid…
mico