Arrivederci Helsinki - Ciao Italia!

Arona Travel Blog

A beautiful, peaceful little town
Saturday morning it was off and away for me to Italy - the flight was leaving at 8 a.m., which doesn't sound too early and actually isn't early at all - bu still I had to get up at 5 a.m. - thank God we live near the airport! :) I was sleepy as ****, guess it didn't help to do my packing in the very late evening/night... But anyway, off we were! Was looking forward to getting a bit of sleep in the plane, but no way - beside me on the plane sat a young german mother with her 1-year-old daughter (who by the way was sooo cute! all smily and touchy!). So no sleep for me, but I survived! :)
We arrived in Milan/Malpensa at about 10 a.m. and went to fetch our rented car - Ford Focus Max, pretty nice and perfect for the Italian roads! Then drove ourselves to Arona, a small town some 20 kms from Malpensa - a very beautiful one! Mountains and the lake side by side... Seemed ot be some kind of "lover's place", because everywhere I looked there were couples and more couples! Strolled around for an hour or so, before continuing our drive towards Lugano, Switzerland.
lauro says:
i always wanted to go in italy! but i dont have the chance!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2007