things I didn't know

Miami Travel Blog

1. Greyhound buses are freezing up the front and uncomfortably warm up the back.  On my trip into Brunswick there was condensation forming on the outside of the windows because it was a warm day inside and so cold inside the bus.  On my 9-hour bus ride to Miami I ended up at the back of the bus and was gross & sweaty for most of the trip.  Yay.
  2. There is a VISA 911 service.  Literally, 1-800-VISA-911.  I met my friend Melissa in Miami, and when we arrived at our hotel she realised she had lost her wallet.  So Melissa spent our first evening in Miami freaking out, cancelling credit cards, and wondering why the Visa-911 service didn't seem very 911-ish.
  3. Facebook can come in very handy.  Shortly after all the credit cards were cancelled, Melissa received a Facebook message asking if she was the Melissa who might have just lost her wallet in Miami Beach
  4. Miami / Florida has a large Jewish population.  The message said that she could pick up the wallet from a Jewish grocery store - just ask for the Rabbi.  And so we did.  And he was very nice.
  5. Walk around South Beach, sit on the sand, drink a cocktail, and you've pretty much done Miami.  And that's exactly what we did.
photo by: ellieperla