"my life is a musical"

Fairlee Travel Blog

I totally stole this title from another counselor's blog, but it's just so true!

A snapshot of summer camp 2010 thus far:
  • we sing all the time.  There's a song for everything.  There's a song for welcoming, a song for leaving, a song for welcoming back.  We sing for birthdays, we sing for announcements, we sing for bedtime.  There's a song for french toast, and a song for grilled cheese & tomato soup.  We have evening songs, dining room songs, silly songs, and Sunday songs.  You get the general idea.
  • it has been HOT.  Temperatures in the "90's" (30's celsius), and high humidity.  This is much better than last summer when it rained every day, but it's still challenging when there's no such thing as indoors, let alone air conditioning.
  • it turns out you can be TOO enthusiastic: when walking (or jumping, skipping, singing) in a parade for the 4th of July, I tore a ligament in my foot and have spent the past week on crutches - not so much fun when your camp is on a hillside.
  • even though camp may not be the ideal physical environment for such injuries, it definitely is the right personal environment, and as always I feel lucky to be a part of such a community.

Fairlee