10 things

Key West Travel Blog

an island off Key West

1. We hired a car and drove down the Florida Keys.  I love driving!
  2. Staying in the hostel in Key West is $44/night + tax (because everything in the USA is "+ tax") per person.
  3. The average price of a hostel in the US is usually $20-25 per night (+ tax).
  4. We didn't stay in the hostel in Key West because I found a one-bedroom suite in Key Largo with full kitchen / living / bathroom / tiny balcony / laundry for $89/night + tax.  That's what we call a great deal!
  5. There are wild chickens roaming around Key West.  Not ducks or swans like most other places... a bunch of chooks hanging around outside the post office.
  6. In Key West I saw a sign for all-you-can-eat KFC buffet.  I don't know what else to say about that.
  7. Key West appears to be the capital of vulgar/"funny"/lewd/stupid/offensive t-shirt shops.  Seriously, every second shop...
  8. We had three slices of key lime pie in two days.  The first was really good.  The second not so great, but it did have to sit in the warm car for an hour or two as we drove home.
  9. The third was chocolate-dipped-frozen-key-lime-pie-on-a-stick.  Heaven.
  10. We swam, we lazed, we did laundry, we bought shoes, and generally just had a lovely time!

travelman727 says:
Erin, I love your list :-) Key West is one of our countries most unique places :-D
Posted on: May 19, 2010