Mt. Seoraksan, Gangwon-Do, South Korea

Seoraksan National Park Travel Blog

I am aware that it's been a long time ago that I should've written this entry but well, life happens and sometimes it gets in the way of doing things that actually matter.

It was my 3rd day in South Korea, and my aunt and uncle decided to take my cousins and I to Jeondongjin and then later on to Seoraksan. We went to Seoraksan mainly because I wanted to see snow. I was well aware that it had been spring for almost a month then. However, I was told this spring was by far one of the coldest springs, Korea has ever experienced. My longing for snow stems from the very fact that I live in the Philippines - a tropical country and all the other countries I've been to (which is not a lot, by the way) have no winter seasons as well. On the way up to the mountain, we actually got to see some relatively small patches of snow. I wasn't really contented but well, I thought to myself, this would do I guess. Anywhooo, long story short, we went up the mountain and got to see thicker and wider patches of snow much to my gleaming delight. The observatory had zero visibility since the fog here was still so thick and the cold still gets under your skin.

I enjoyed the trip to Seoraksan and I was able to cross one more item on my bucket list!

:D