The day after the day we were supposed to leave

Hudson Travel Blog

HOORAY! The rental car

Right now I should be exploring the grounds of Valley Forge, but I’m not.  I do have everything packed and in the rental car that almost didn’t exist.  I got to bed early last night in anticipation of the very long drive I would be making today.  I will also be trying to make up for lost time, but my hopes are not high for that.  We plan on leaving within the next hour in order to get to Boston to pick up my brothers paycheck which we failed to secure last night.

The rental car is all gassed up and ready to go but I have to say after yesterday’s malarkey, I am in no mood to deal with crazy drivers in traffic.  I will admit I am not the world’s best driver, my main flaw is I am impatient and have a very low tolerance for stupid driving maneuvers that may cause accidents.  I learned to drive in Massachusetts so at least I know I won’t be blindsided by any such craziness.

I just hope things go better today than yesterday.  I still thing we will be able to make it to the National Haunters Convention, and Valley Forge National Park today, this way we can drive later into the night and be as close to our original day 1 stopping point as possible.  Stay tuned for updates.

HOORAY!  The rental car