Space Coast Stadium

Melbourne Travel Blog

Our last stop for the day brings us to Space Coast Stadium where we had hoped to catch a game but we decided not too because we were running low on money at this point in the trip.  This ballpark is the spring training home of the Washington National and was surprisingly easy to find.  I pulled into a parking lot near one of the gates so that my brother could run in and buy his collectors baseball and then a women drove up next to my car and rolled down her windo so she could talk to me.  I thought she was going to say something about me hanging around and not actually parking my car but instead she offered me three free tickets to tonights game.  As it turns out there were three of us so I told her we would take the tickets and I calle my brother to let him know we would be able to see some of the game after all.
  He made his way back to the car and we found the parking lot we were supposed to be parked in and headed into the ballpark.  Along the way I saw a small gator floating in a pond next to the stadium and apparently he was cathing the attention of many others as well because a group had gathered on the bank of the pond to try and get a picture of him.  After a few minutes of that we found seats and crossed our fingers in the hopes of catching a foul ball but it didnt happen.  We did notice in the short time we were there that the Florida fans to not heckle the ballplayers so we added in a little touch of Boston and heckled the other team.  We were delighted when one of the opposing team members actually looked at us and made a mad face.  We didnt stay too much longer because it was getting late and we still had to drive all the way back to Orlando but at least we did get to see some of the game.
Eat More Shark