How to get home

Hudson Travel Blog

I had planned on taking the Downeaster train into Portland Maine and then have my father drive down from Stockton Springs to pick me up.  Well this plan had fallen through.  Not only had it fallen through I was jumping the gun a bit.  I first had to get to a Downeaster train station.  I first had to walk about a mile to the nearest bus stop catch the local bus line to Lowell Mass, then jump on a train.  Since there would be no one to pick me up in portland I was going to have to take the bus which meant the walk to the bus station, a ride on the MBTA comuter rail, then 2 rides on the subway and finally I reached the bus station.  As I went to buy my ticket for the 130 bus to Searsport the clerk informed me there was no bus anymore.  My only choices were buy a ticket for tommorow and spend the night in Bostons South Station, wait for another aunt to get out of work and go home with her for the night which still has me leaving tommorow, or buying a ticket to Portland which is 2 hours away from where I live and running the chance of nobody coming to get me or Bangor an hour away from where I live and running the chance of no one coming to get me.

I tried to make some phone calls to find a ride but I couldnt get a hole of anyone, I couldnt afford the ticket to Bangor so it looked like I was going to end up in Portland anyway.  By this time it was too late to go back and take the train as it had already left and the bus to Portland was just starting to board so I got my ticket and made my way to the gate.  Looks like I would be spending the next four hours crammed on a bus, but at least the bus was a new one with wi-fi.

photo by: jamartin39