Gettysburg National Military Park

Gettysburg Travel Blog

This turned out to be an unexpected stop.  We tried to find the MAry L. Walker national Historic Site in Richmond Virginia but ended up getting lost and frustrated.  When I finally found the highway again I was probably on the road again about ten minutes before I was stopped for speeding.  It turned out to be a bogus stop and the cop didnt even run my license and didnt care I couldnt find the rental car registration, my quess is they were looking for something.  The stop maybe took five minutes and then he sent me on my way, after that I was more than a little angry and I had said we are not making anymore stops because I just wanted to get home.  So when we crossed into Pennsylvania my brother had noticed we were going to drive right through Gettysburg, and even though I said I wasnt going to make any more stops we ended up stopping at the visitors center.

The visitors center was practically brand new I think it was finished in 2008 but it still looked very new.  We placed Clover on top of the sign and took a picture for our cousin and we took Clover on a tour of the visitors center.  It was getting late so we didnt have much time to spend in the park so we just went back tot he car and treid to find the auto tour road but couldnt.  With no more time to spend here we just got back on the highway and headed home, and this time I was serious no more stopping!

Gettysburg