The Early Stages

Hudson Travel Blog

I was up early this morning as sleep is still proving to be elusive, so I finished packing my clothes, power cords, pillow, blanket and whatever else I thought I might need for my trip to the FLA.  I spent the rest of the time reviewing the planned route and trip expenses to make sure I had everything in order before I left.  I loaded my gear into the car and headed to Augusta, Maine which would be my second stop on this trip, the first would be Dunkin Donuts to pick up a bagel and hot chocolate for the road.

After finishing up some business in Augusta I proceeded to the highway and jumped straight into the southbound lane where I stayed for the next four hours with a shcotty radio signal.  The car I was driving was becoming less reliable every day.  It still ran and was great for getting around town in but there is no way it would survive on long road trips, nor would it get me through a long road trip.  This car had a bad radio and no CD player.

After getting through the last toll booth in New Hampshire I received a phone call from my brother, in doing so I missed my turn off  the highway I needed to take.  Lucky for me I know my way around my home state of Massachusetts and just proceeded due south until I could pick up another route to take me to New Hampshire.  I was doing fine until I need to find a gas station, this is where I started using a GPS and it took me all over god knows where.  I finally found a gas station after about 30 minutes of searching, I pulled in gassed up and was back on the road in no time.

After finally making it to New Hampshire, I am now in a comfy yet severely chewed up reclining chair ready to try and take a nap.  The 5 hours I had to drive today is nothing compared to what I will be driving in the next few days.

Tinktinkie says:
Hi congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: May 07, 2010
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Hey, congrats on being featured!
Posted on: May 07, 2010
jamartin39 says:
It should be intersting, my brother and I always find those wierd roadside oddities, it should be a good time but a long drive
Posted on: Apr 28, 2010