Ft. Lauderdale FL Oct 2009

Fort Lauderdale Travel Blog

Flew into Ft Lauderdale Airport, a multi terminal airport.  Stayed at a timeshare with multiple pools, two were heated and wonderful.  I had an injured foot and still in recovery so I took it easier than normal.  Spent time in the pools, jacuzzi and unit.  Timeshare unit I was first in was shabby & buggy.  When I explained this verbally and in person at the registration desk I was transferred amazingly fast to a clean, newly renovated unit.  On the phone I'd been told it would have to be two or three days before I could move from buggy to clean.  Amazing what a calmly voiced complaint can accomplish when done in front of new registering guests. A lesson I will retain forever.  The timeshare had sister units on/across from the beach and they had a wine, cheese and fruit tasting with music.  The main purpose of the trip was to get close enough to go to Key West.  I did not really have anything I wanted to do/see in Ft Lauderdale.  If not for the injured foot, I would have ventured in the ocean; but if thrown off balance by a wave I would have not been happy.   I took a tour bus trip to Key West.  See my Key West blog..