10 day Birthday

Byron Bay Travel Blog

Firstly what i love about Byron Bay is that everyone is soooo laid back and not in a hurry to get anywhere they may as well all stand still. You only have to walk for 10mins and you feel like you have seen all of byron, but in a good way.

I stayed in beachouse just a little out from the high street and i wasnt too impressed. It was a nice in a way but for me i wasnt feeling it, the only good thing was that it had its own private beach which was nice and peacefull. In the beachouse my friends key didnt work to the guys bathrooms so he could only use them when someone else would let him in as the owner didnt seemed too bothered. I then stayed in Main beach backpackers which even though it was HUGE it was nice and clean.  It has a nice seating area on the roof and in a small court yard.

One thing i didnt like about this place is that they wouldnt let you  have your own food between the hours of 11pm - 8am which was a problem as when i went sky diving the van was picking us up at 8am and i was unable to get my own breakfast.

The beach hotel bar just on main beach was really good to go to just for a drink in the day or for a night out as they always seemed to have live bands or DJ's. Cheeky Monkeys is good for backpackers as they have drink and food offers but its not a good place to go to if you have high standards of yourself. I could see myself living in Byron as the relaxed atmosphere seems good for your soul.

On my birthday my friend took me sky diving in Byron and i have to say it was the best thing i have ever done in my life!! I had the WORST hangover i have had and on the plane up i thought i was going to be sick so my guy decided to film me just in case i was sick on the way down!! i was last out of the plane and the image of 15 people 'falling' out of a plane was so werid.

The free fall down was something i have never felt before and you wanted to scream but words just couldnt be forced out!! Once the parachute was open i then got to appriciate the views and i couldne get enough of them. I actually got to fly myself into a cloud which was a strange feel and felt cold as we went through. The whole experience of the sky dive was awesome and i can tell you know it got rid of my hangover :)